- Credit cards are just like a loan-you
have to pay what you owe.
- Keep track of how much you spend.
Remember that incidental and impulse purchases add up fast.
- Save your receipts. Compare them with
your monthly bill. Promptly report problems to the company that issued
- Never lend your card to anyone.
- Owing more than you can repay can
damage your credit rating. That can make it hard to finance a car, rent
an apartment, get insurance-even get a job.
- Pay your bill on time, and in full when
possible. If you don't, you'll have to pay finance charges on the unpaid
balance-and it takes forever to get caught up if you just pay the
Federal law limits your
liability for unauthorized charges to $50 per card.